I've been playing a game all day. It's called Don't Starve. Starvation is one of the many ways to die in this survival based and incredibly humorous game.
As an overall view, it's like Tim Burton's version of Minecraft with a few references to Star Wars. There are tons of items, and they are all given detailed descriptions in the wiki. Eventually, you get your own economy going. You encage a bird to feed fruit to get extra seeds to plant crops to get more fruit. You're constantly managing multiple cycles like this to keep your hunger, health, and sanity levels in check. That's right, you can eat psychadelic mushrooms or sometimes just stay out in the rain for a week or so, and without attention you'll start to see things. When your sanity levels reach zero, the apparitions come to life and can actually damage you.
You unlock characters as you gain experience by getting further in sandbox mode. The one you start with begins the game growing a beard. You can grow it out to help survive winter, or you can shave it for sanity points and to get beard hair for making effigies to resurrect you if you die.
I've been playing pretty much all day and I'm
only to the second tech level. There's plenty of playability in sandbox
mode, and through sandbox mode you can get to adventure mode to help
unlock even more new characters. There's quite a few hours in this game.
There are tons of ways to set up your little personal economy. I've done well being a berry farmer, while my brother has had success with beekeeping.
The only thing I have to say against it is that there is NO MULTIPLAYER. Not yet anyways. I'm not sure if they're looking to incorporate it.
There's tons of playability already, and the developers are still releasing content. If you're looking for a good game with more on the way, I'd recommend it.
single player: 8.0/10 multiplayer: n/a
No comments:
Post a Comment