I strive to bring you games you haven't heard about. Showing off games that don't have huge promotional campaigns behind them makes me feel like I'm helping out the little guy while still providing a service. As I was playing Don't Starve last week, I was also watching my buddy Rob over the shoulder playing "the Last of Us". I've seen ads and such for the game, but not much actual game play.
Paul Sartori, a writer for The Guardian, wrote an article about the game and it's a good read. Short of playing the game and telling you about it myself, this is a really in depth look at a great looking game. I've included a link to his article at the bottom of the page.
He uses really in depth visual imagery, a few screenshots of game play, and talks through the way the game feels as you play. Based on my watching the game be played, it's a little more like splinter cell than he gives credit. You just use a bow and arrow instead of sticky cameras, and a pipe wrench instead of a machine gun.
I do really enjoy zombie games, and I enjoy stealthy games. When I get the time, I'm sure I'll get a good deal of time in with this game. Until then, I'll leave you with his.
THIS is the link to his article
No comments:
Post a Comment