It looks like Minecraft, it feels like Minecraft, and it's an adventure game. The exploration is similar to the Minecraft way. Just pick a direction and take off. Find your first town and you can branch off from there. It's not super dangerous at night like Minecraft, so you're free to wander around whenever you want. Combat is about as innovative as Minecraft, though. The only difference is that there are different classes. The wizard starts with a fire vortex that you can make a quick or extended version of. The warrior can use two weapons or a giant one. I haven't seen any of the other classes. Combat is rather brutal, though. When you hit something you don't knock them away. They keep moving towards you and you basically sit there and beat the crap out of each other. It's difficult at level one, and eventually you can get a pet that makes things much easier. They'll take most of the hits. Almost every animal is trainable. Some are better at combat, some you can ride, some do both.
It has the feel of Minecraft, but your main objective is combat instead of just survival as far as I can tell. There are tons of different landscapes, and the maps are generated endlessly. You input a seed, but that is basically a way to share your world with your friends. If you see anything on the horizon, you can get to it and climb it. Trees, mountains, far off islands are all reachable. It's funny just to think of the concept of this game as it would compare to any other fantasy RPG. Right now my friends are guarding each other from squirrels.
I'd advise you give it a shot. It's downloadable at https://picroma.com/cubeworld.
Single player: 5.5/10.0 Multiplayer 8.0/10.0
Your front page picture is not a link. I think your class is over, so it doesn't matter. But I thought I'd let you know.
ReplyDelete