Thursday, July 11, 2013

Marvel Heroes

     I usually like MMO games, and I am a huge comic book fan. Why would I not like Marvel Heroes? As it turns out, it's harder to find a reason that I would consider playing this game. The game play has all been done before, and the worst part is that the game removes the uniqueness of playing a certain hero. You get to pick one of a class like normal in MMO's. The bad part is that you're not unique. You can be Captain America, Wolverine, Iron Man, etc. However, you won't be the only one, which takes away from being a hero. How is an entire team of Hulks fair? It's not fun. If you were to actually be one of those heroes, then it would feel like you're in the Marvel Universe. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to play as a super hero or super villain, you're better off playing DC Universe Online or City of Heroes. DC Universe allows for more customization, and you feel like a unique hero with your own theme, powers, and fighting style. You get to choose everything down to the colors of your tights.

     The worst part of the game is that it's the most espensive free to play to date. To try all the characters and skins, you have to spend almost $200 on downloadable content. They're on sale on Steam now and cost more than a brand new game.

     This feels like a last grab by developers to try and milk some cash from the Avengers pop culture craze. Don't bother with this one.


               Single Player: 4.0/10.0                     Multiplayer: 5.0/10.0

No comments:

Post a Comment