I haven't fully immersed myself in this game yet, but it's a refreshing action pace for an MMO, and I really like it. I've put in quite a few hours with Vindictus. It's free to play, and I haven't maxed out my character yet, but I've been told that you need to spend real money to buy elixirs to be top tier in damage meters for raids. I haven't spent a dime on the game, and I've had a good time so far. I've mostly played with friends and my brother, but I've had some experience with the online community, and so far they're much more mature than your average LFG chat spammer. The one thing I do have against the game is that quest drops from bosses don't always drop and you have to replay the whole mission. Especially if you're going through with other people. There are five character classes with different play styles. I've spent the most time with Kai who is a ranger class. There are also two dual wield fighters, Vella plays a more counterattack style than Lan who just tries to shred things. Fiona has a sword and shield and is able to just block the best attacks in the game. Karok is a half giant looking monster of a character with a pillar or a cestus and is fun to play and just to have in the group. He has some boss clash interactions where they lock horns and he throws them around. It is advised that you have one in your group at all times.
The level up process is fairly slow and you have to replay some content for experience to unlock further content. However, if you join a guild you get extra experience which, if done early enough, should be enough to keep you ahead of the curve.
Every class has its own strengths and weaknesses, and the developers are releasing new content. They recently gave Kai a Van Helsing-esque repeating crossbow that offers a different playstyle and new stats to maximize. The game is really fun, free, has some really awesome boss fights later on in the game that I've only seen in videos. The developers are pushing to release new end-game content. Every class has two weapon styles or more, so you technically get two available play styles for each character. If you're looking for a new MMO to get into, this is the one.
http://vindictus.nexon.net/
Single player: 6.5/10 Multiplayer: 9.0/10
No comments:
Post a Comment